Universities apply different terms and conditions when it comes to changing the end date of your stay. For UvA and HvA students, strict rules apply which mean that changing the end date is not possible.

Can I stay another semester?

Short Stay allows you to rent a room for a maximum of one year. If your current tenancy agreement is for one semester, it’s possible to apply for another semester through the international office of your university. We cannot guarantee that you can stay in the same room. If you are planning to stay longer than one year, please register with Studentenwoningweb as soon as possible to find yourself a room after your agreement ends.

Moving elsewhere?

It is not possible to end your tenancy agreement. Even if you have found a new room you will have to pay the rent until the end date stated in your agreement.